• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wheel bearing issue

edh19

I had a local shop replace my left front wheel hub assembly on my 06 2500 and now I get clunking when I turn wheel . They said they installed a skf  hub does this sound like a faulty hub

SKF is the manufacture of the hub, don't know if they make the bearing or use someone elses.  Timken bearing are the best IMO..

The clunk could also be sway bar/bushings, control arm bushings, ball joints.. Use a pry bar to look for play.. You would have to get the front wheel off the ground and tug on it to see if there's any movement in the hub.. 

Timken or SKF are best. I have been told Timken outsourced some of their production and the quality has somewhat suffered. But not nearly as much as MOOG has suffered.

RockAuto showed the best warranty for the SKF wheel hub for my CTS when I recently purchased one. Was a 3 year/45,000 warranty as opposed to the Timken 1yr/15k warranty the Timken showed.

Back