• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

15 Years of Wild and Wonderful Food Thread

4x4dreamer

PM 2023
SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2013
SM 2008
Our annual West Virginia Wild and Wonderful Weekend will be here soon!!!!. and what would a WV WWW be without FOOD?  :abuelito:

Food:

As usual with WV WWW we'll do a "pot-luck" dinner on Saturday and everyone can bring a food item to share.
Some suggestions would be hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, casserole's, other hot dishes, pasta/macaroni salad, chips, desserts, finger foods, condiments, etc.

These are just some ideas, but you are welcome to bring anything you would like.

Also: don't forget to bring whatever snacks/quick foods that you might want throughout the weekend.

There is not a store located conveniently to North Bend that has many things available, so the closest major food store would be in Parkersburg, which is about 30min away. Therefore it is suggested that you make sure to have most everything you need on the way in!

The cabins do have a full kitchen that we can use as well as a small grill outside that we can use. Between our 3 cabins we will have plenty of room to cook/keep food!

Remember that breakfast will be in the cabins Saturday Morning on our own account, so if you would like to bring stuff to share for breakfast as well, please do!

Drinks:

Feel fee to bring whatever drinks suit you for the weekend. We do not judge, we only ask that you share.  >:D

Post what you're bringing here so we can keep it in one place! (y)

4x4dreamer:Hot Dogs, Buns, Chili, Slaw, Onions, Hash brown Casserole, Asian Coleslaw, and MOM's Homemade Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. Pepperoni Rolls, S'Mores stuff, Cheese Tray, and other snacks

Hugz: Gretchen's homemade mac and cheese, and a tray of rigatoni. Also a bunch of his bite size brownies.
For breakfast: Ham, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole, and danishes, and coffee cake

GBT and Toots are bringing:  Open House Punch (with a little Comfort).  Our usual bowtie pasta ( fan favorite), dessert and of course;  paper plates, paper plate holders, silverware, cups (no solo cups here) napkins as always.  And whatever else that comes to mind.

james21:Can bring Macaroni Salad and Choco Chip cookies, and any other odds and ends that are needed

N1NCZ: will bring tray of sausage/lasagna,Loaves of bread, bacon egg casserole,treats of all kinds,possibly some pudding shots!,juices,h20 etc,coffee/half and half

Mrs.WVAV: Sausage Balls for breakfast. a couple different kinds of chips and dip. Also dessert of some kind.

Tpicks55: Will be bringing egg casserole for breakfast and lasagna for supper and potato salad

BigBlockBirch: Stuff for Pulled Chicken Sliders!

OBB & Twiggy: A Veggie Tray!

So are we having group breakfast Saturday morning?
I'm a little confused by that. (No surprise there).

For dinner sign us up for Gretchen's homemade mac and cheese and a tray of rigatoni
Also I bring bring a bunch of my bite size brownies. (Will have them at the NC modding GTG)

Hugz said:
So are we having group breakfast Saturday morning?
I'm a little confused by that. (No surprise there).

For dinner sign us up for Gretchen's homemade mac and cheese and a tray of rigatoni
Also I bring bring a bunch of my bite size brownies. (Will have them at the NC modding GTG)

Group breakfast in the cabins on Saturday on our own accont, that is how we did it the last couple years.

Then the big group breakfast buffet in the lodge Dining Room on Sunday!  (y)

4x4dreamer said:
Group breakfast in the cabins on Saturday on our own accont, that is how we did it the last couple years.

Then the big group breakfast buffet in the lodge Dining Room on Sunday!  (y)
Gotcha I figured but when you mentioned cinimmin rolls it threw me off.

Hugz said:
Gotcha I figured but when you mentioned cinimmin rolls it threw me off.

Mom has brought them for breakfast for the last couple years. Folks seem to like them.  >:D

We inhale your Mom's rolls.  They are the best.

GBT and Toots are bringing:  Open House Punch (with a little Comfort).  Our usual bowtie pasta ( fan favorite), dessert and of course;  paper plates, paper plate holders, silverware, cups (no solo cups here) napkins as always.  And whatever else that comes to mind.

GoldBowTie said:
We inhale your Mom's rolls.  They are the best.

GBT and Toots are bringing:  Open House Punch (with a little Comfort).  Our usual bowtie pasta ( fan favorite), dessert and of course;  paper plates, paper plate holders, silverware, cups (no solo cups here) napkins as always.  And whatever else that comes to mind.

I love to be "comfort"able....

And as far as the cinnamon rolls are concerned, she must really like you guys because she won't hardly make them for anything else but WWW...  >:D

She is fighting the flu at the moment, so I am hoping she is on the mend soon. She got it year before last and fought it for a month..  :(

We are special, that's why she makes double recipe of her famous rolls.  But our mouth just water just thinking about them.  Hope she is on the mend soon.  :-[

Can't wait for this GTG.  It's always my favorite. 

Toots said:
We are special, that's why she makes double recipe of her famous rolls.  But our mouth just water just thinking about them.  Hope she is on the mend soon.   :-[

Can't wait for this GTG.  It's always my favorite. 

She is feeling better this week. Much more so than she did before!

I can bring Macaroni Salad and Choco Chip cookies, and any other odds and ends that are needed

Hi All! N1NCZ'S better half! We will bring tray of sausage/lasagna,Loaves of bread, bacon egg casserole,treats of all kinds,possibly some pudding shots!,juices,h20 etc,coffee/half and half
Can't wait to see you all Love Pat:)

I will bring a couple different kinds of chips and dip. Also dessert of some kind. Who knows what else I will decide to bring but those are definites... and I will take any suggestions.

Mrs. WVAV said:
I will bring a couple different kinds of chips and dip. Also dessert of some kind. Who knows what else I will decide to bring but those are definites... and I will take any suggestions.

How about some........ JELLO   >:D >:D

N1NCZ said:
Hi All! N1NCZ'S better half! We will bring tray of sausage/lasagna,Loaves of bread, bacon egg casserole,treats of all kinds,possibly some pudding shots!,juices,h20 etc,coffee/half and half
Can't wait to see you all Love Pat:)

I updated the list! Can't wait to see you guys in less than 2 weeks  :love: :love:

For breakfast Put us down for ham egg and chees casserole and a couple packs of danishes like we had last weekend.

Hugz said:
For breakfast Put us down for ham egg and chees casserole and a couple packs of danishes like we had last weekend.

Those were GREAT danishes  :eek: :eek:

Got it!  (y)

Back