• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Exhaust System

jbrnigan

Using exhaust system recommendations from Muffman (did a search, results posted years ago), I had dual Magna Flow mufflers with a crossover and custom bent tail pipes installed on my 2500 big block.  My butt dyno tells me that opening up the exhaust system has made a noticeable difference in the performance "feel", and a significant difference in the exhaust sound.  There is just no sound comparable to a big block V-8 churning out ponies.  The exhaust note is subdued at idle and cruise, no drone, but, the big V-8 really comes alive when you push on the pedal.

I remember that post by Muffman, I'm still waiting on mine stock one to fall off.

MS03 2500 said:
I remember that post by Muffman, I'm still waiting on mine stock one to fall off.

Mine is hanging tough and I rarely drive it  :D

I bought mine with a full custom flowmaster with high flow cats from the manifold back. Cats went bad earlier this year. Had them removed( prob gonna put new ones on). And then a black widow venom 250. It's loud as hell.

Back