• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

selling supercharged or back to stock?

mikeskiw

Hi, I have been lurking quite a while but have not posted much here.  I am considering selling my 2007 Avalanche that has considerable modifications.  I supercharged it with an Eforce supercharger about 4 years ago and replaced the 150,000 mile 5.3 with a new ATK 6.0 last year.  With 7 PSI of boost and ZR1 cam the current rig pulls 465HP on the dyno at 6,000 RPMs.

My question is: Should I leave it highly modified or put it back to stock.  I have about $10k into the motor but I still have the 5.3 that ironically stopped smoking and ran fine shortly before I pulled it and put in the 6.0.

Option 1: Sell it as is and hope somebody appreciates the supercharged power
Option 2: Swap intakes and sell it with a strong 6.0
Option 3: Put it back to stock

Thoughts?

JMO -Very few buyers will really appreciate your investment in a 10 year old vehicle.  What's your time worth to make the changes in options 2 and 3?  Option 1 will probably net you the best return if you can find the right buyer, but, you're not likely to get the return on your investment you had hoped for.  good luck.

My guess is it's a matter of what is more important , top dollar or your time. It would probably bring you the most dollars to put the AV back to stock and then sell the 6.0 and supercharger as a performance kit for someone wanting to upgrade their AV. As jbrnigan has mentioned it would take time to convert back and maybe even some money to do it. Then you have several items to try and sell and run the risk of getting ripped off.
If time is important to you..... you might consider trading in your Av as is but expect to get pennies on the dollar for all your mods then sell stock motor separately to try and recover some loss on the mods.

You never get more money for a modified vehicle, demod it and sell them separately

Possible to list it will all 3 options at different price levels. Then again, it may turn some buyers off by seeing that it's been wrenched on. You may have the best luck with just taking off the SC and leaving the 6.0 in it. Where's it located? That will also determine what kind of potential buys for it.

Why not list it with all the 3 options.  I mean you price them each differently so you potentially will hit all buyer types.

Plan on getting virtually nothing for the mods. Your audience is much smaller for a modified vehicle; if you are willing to wait for the correct person who is looking for something like your Av you might get a little more for it. Most people are turned off by modified vehicles and won't touch them with a 10' pole.

Put it back to stock and sell all of the mods separately. You will appeal to the largest audience with the Av and you will get the most money by doing it this way.

Wondering which engine you got from ATK, Their performance 6.0 puts out naturally asperated what your quoted Dyno blown power is.

But one other consideration... The Blown 6.0 will get you little if any consideration. SO as others have said you may want to pull that motor and go back to stock..

If it isn't a pain in the butt for you anyhow...

The market for a blown 6.0L engine would be much bigger than an Av with blown 6.0 since it could be used in any number of vehicles. So you MIGHT be able to hold onto the engine and get a reasonable amount out of it.

But just depends on if the hassle is worth it or not.

You might be doing a bunch of work to get an extra $3000....

Rodney

Loggie said:
Why not list it with all the 3 options.  I mean you price them each differently so you potentially will hit all buyer types.
Off topic, but I think I just saw a ghost  :eek:

I notice that too. LOL

Back