• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Silverado High Desert

There are other threads here about this. The Silverado has the sail panels & the cargo boxes in the sides. But no midgate at all.

Take a look at this board and you can see older threads talking about the Silverado and not just the threads mentioning it by name, it's in the threads talking about the return of the Av since many salesmen are trying to lure AV owners back into the showroom stating that the AV was returning. Leaked photos of the High Desert have been out for 2 or 3 years now......

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,10.0.html

I don't even know why I bothered writing them...I guess hopeful thinking. High Desert looks nice, but no suburban chassis and no Mid gate. It's just a Silverado with smaller bed...

Dear Mr. Hirsch,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the Avalanche!  We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

First, we would like to thank you for being a Chevrolet customer.  Your current and future business means a lot to us.  We are thrilled to learn of your positive comments regarding the service and sales at Freeland Chevrolet as well as your experience with the Avalanche.

Please know that we are constantly working to provide the models that will suit everyone?s needs.  At this time, no announcement has been made regarding offering the Avalanche in the current Chevrolet line-up.  We will continue to gauge customer reaction to determine the direction we will take in the future.  We encourage you to contact us periodically for updates or stay in contact with Freeland Chevrolet.  You may also get updates at http://www.chevrolet.com/ as new information becomes available.  In the meantime, your desire for the Avalanche will be documented and forwarded to the appropriate department so that it will have an effect on future models.

We would like to interest you in one of our Special Edition Silverado 1500s.  The High Desert Package that is an available option for the vehicle resembles the Avalanche in many ways and it may be something that sparks your interest.  Should you be interested in speaking with a dealer in regards to the High Desert Silverado, we would be happy to reach out to your local dealer on your behalf.  Simply reply to this message with the following information.

? Mailing Address
? What is your preferred method of contact (email/phone)? What time do you prefer to be contacted?
? How soon are you looking to get into a new vehicle?
? Are you looking to purchase or lease?
? What is your preferred color options? Are there any other options you would like?
? Do you have a preferred dealership? If yes, please include the name of the dealership.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service.  If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time, and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.  Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com 

I understand your frustration Thirsch22, it is a shame that the majority of happy AV owners don't contact GM to try and revive the AV but for many reasons discussed to death in many other threads it probably won't happen. I feel it's kind of a rip off to put sail panels on a vehicle that doesn't need it just to make you think of an AV. I hope the bed panels are improved and don't fade or leak like many first or second generation AVs. I would hope the High Desert bed liner setup would not interfere with installing a Bedslide device either.
I would miss the midgate some but may cut down on cabin leaks and rear window seals cracking.
The ability to get the magnetic ride control suspension may allow the Silverado to ride as smooth as an AV but I haven't had a test ride in one yet.  The optional 6.2 liter motor would be nice on the new truck too.

Back