• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need video How To remove front bumper cover

Nebula

I've searched all over and cannot find a video on how to remove the front bumper cover.  I need to replace it.  From what I've read, it's not difficult, but I would really prefer to see a video of it being removed if not also replaced.  I understand that there are lights that need to be disconnected as well.  So there are two horizontal cracks that formed a while back on the top of the bumper cover.  The cracks are getting larger.  2004, 2500

I appreciate any links that you can provide.  I haven't been able to find anything on YouTube either.  

Year and model.  ???

IF you put your model and year in your signature it's easier to answer questions.

I don't have a video,but here are the instruction.

First thing is to buy cladding clips off of ebay the dealer will charge you over 5 bucks a piece.

Attachments

• 02-06grille.GIF
    02-06grille.GIF
    28.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 02-06grille1.GIF
    02-06grille1.GIF
    32.2 KB · Views: 71
That's one of the problems you are going to find if you look at GM truck forum. Cladded Avalanches are different You have to remove the Fog/DRL lights after you remove the grille and the braces.

Then remove the screws by the wheel well and start pulling it off, you will break the cladding clips.

You will see the actual bumper behind the cover.

Back