• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2019 Silverado, now 2020

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
I ran across this today it's suppose to be the 2019 Silverado 1500

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/spied-2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500/ar-AAmqnOr#image=AAmqCvF|1

AAmqF92.img

Nope the guys at truck trend thought that too It's a chevy the bottom one is a Sierra

http://www.trucktrend.com/future-trucks/1701-spied-2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500/

I'm a 2500 kinda a guy now  :D Hoping Duramax tops 1000 Ft lbs soon  :eek:

From the picture I don't think it's any longer than a Colorado HUMMM

Just read the new Diesel Power mag, an article on the new 17 Sierra All Terrain X, it has the new D-Max and they have released some numbers: 445HP 910LB/FT

james21 said:
Just read the new Diesel Power mag, an article on the new 17 Sierra All Terrain X, it has the new D-Max and they have released some numbers: 445HP 910LB/FT

Hi James look further down in this area that the is the new L5P motor.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,150406.0.html

Sat inside the 2017 Silverado at the Autoshow when it came to Grand Rapids and did not like the truck. The interior was significantly smaller than my Girlfriends 2013 and I won't be buying one any time soon.

Her truck has the middle seat that opens up into a storage console and we sat in a truck that was similar. The middle seat seemed at best the same size as the one in her truck but the width was not as much. I couldn't sit in the truck without my head buried in the head liner which was discouraging. My truck I sit in and have quite a bit of headroom. And in my GF's truck I have plenty of head room. It is like they dropped the top about 3-4 inches.

While I like the outside styling I hate the lack of room in the 2017. If I wanted that little room I would get a car...

We have as late as 2015 Dodges and Fords and those certainly have more than enough head room. Last GM truck we got at work was a 2004...

MS03 2500 said:
Hi James look further down in this area that the is the new L5P motor.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,150406.0.html

I've seen that post, but 910 torque is what was reported

Humm they must have changed it again. Initially it was over 1,000.

Well you know the Big 3 love to beat each other out for the highest numbers, so maybe they are starting out lower, just to see what Ford and Ram come up with.

F@rd 2017 is 925 FT/LB and 440 HP on their superduty.

Ram just says up to 900 ft/lb

Whew, I found an article the other day stating that the ford window drop is just part of the camo. I still can't believe they're building an aluminum truck when their commercials right now bash Fo** aluminum trucks.

I wondered why they made the body out of aluminum also , what would happen if you had to strap down a load in the bed. ??

Solder a pull tab Down and hope you don't dent it  :laugh: I don't like how easy aluminum tears... it does say aluminum intensive though, so maybe the bed and critical areas will remain steel

wyotonka said:
Solder a pull tab Down and hope you don't dent it  :laugh: I don't like how easy aluminum tears... it does say aluminum intensive though, so maybe the bed and critical areas will remain steel

At the auto show in Boston last month Chevy had display showing steel bed versus aluminum, the steel bed was all beat up and dented but no holes while the aluminum bed was full of holes. So I think you're probably right.

Chevrolet Reveals 2020 Silverado HD High Country, Second of Five Distinct Models for All-new Pickup

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2018/dec/1206-silverad-hd-country.html

1544100505879.jpg

The lease on my '16 is up in June. I'm not liking the front end of the '19 Silvy at all. Damn price on them jumped about 5k also. (n)

We'll see what catches my eye in about 5 months.

Not too many folks like that front end, but supposedly the diesel will have a new 10 speed Allison behind it.

The front end will end up growing on you like the last time they changed....

Still looks BOXEY... and tall...

You should see some of the photo cropped images of it on the internet,  they are funny as heck.

ohiobellboy said:
The lease on my '16 is up in June. I'm not liking the front end of the '19 Silvy at all. Damn price on them jumped about 5k also. (n)

We'll see what catches my eye in about 5 months.

Ferd.....Limited or Platinum (don't remember which) that they put the high hp 3.5 from the Raptor into. Might be my next truck in 10 years or so if I have any money left then. Will have been retired for almost 12 years. Guess I could sell the Vette to finance the purchase of a then 10 year old truck!

Back