• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Turn signal chime

Silver04Avay

Hey, i have a small problem. First off i looked in the Audio/video section and saw no new posts since last year, so thats why im posting here. Since i bought my 08 Avalanche, used, the turn signal chimes have not worked. It has an aftermarket Pioneer AVH-P4400BH stereo with a GMLOS-LAN-02 adapter which was already in the vehicle. I had to rewire most of this stereo because it was wrong and things not working, now  Im just down to the turn chimes. The truck does have steering wheel controls but they don't work, which im not concenred with. But do the turn signals not work because of the wheel controls? or may there be another issue?

Thanks in advance
AJ

You will lose the turn signal clicking sound when using the GMOS unit. You also lose the steering wheel control. You have to buy a separate module to plug into the pioneer unit to get the steering wheel controls back. I also have a pioneer unit in my truck and don't have the turn signal clicking sound (really doesn't bother me). I don't remember how to do it, but you can get that sound back. I believe you have to wire in a relay for that. Read this...http://www.catalograck.com/ImgVD/MEG/INSTGMOS-LAN-02.pdf

Did you try and adjust the chime volume on the module? Page 5 - http://metraonline.com/files/products/INSTGMOS-LAN-02_web.pdf

I know the factory chimes come from the driver A-pillar tweeter. If that unit does the same, make sure that tweeter is connected and working properly.

Well this answered some of my ?s, yes i did try the chime adjust, no luck

also how do i know if i have a bose system?. They previous owner had a complete custom sound system and removed it all when he traded it in. The stock speakers were not hooked up, now that they are hooked up, the speakers sound horrible, maybe all the speakers are blown, but my 02 Trailblazer with stock bose speakers and a pioneer head unit, sounds much better than the Avalanche. In the battery fuse block it has a 30amp fuse for a amp but i dont know if it is equipped with bose

Check for the RPO code. All of the RPO codes are printed on the sticker located on the inside of your glovebox door.

According to this post, you're looking for code UQA.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=96887.0

Looks like you have to adjust the chime volume manually. If you did this process properly and it didn't work then it likely wasn't done right. Do you have normal RAP actuation?

Ie the radio plays when the key is off for about 10 minutes or until you open the door?

also how do you know you have that module? Have you actually looked at it and verified it is hooked up properly? I wouldn't assume when someone else put the system together that they did it right or that the module they used was actually working.

Back