• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stabilitrak problems

gordocastillo

Hi guys, Im having weird problems, When Im in traffic at very low speed or stoped, my stabilitrak alarm sound and when the car moves the change from first to second is hard, as soon as I speed up until 15 Mph the alarm goes off. This thing happen from time to time but a few weeks ago it start to happen almost every day and several times in a day. My check engine light is on from some times but goes of the next day. I don't know if this is related, but about 3 months ago I change the fuel pump because the pressure regulator was damage, about 2 months later my fuel gauge star to mal function. In the last quarter its goes up and down so I thought it was the fuel level in the pump, so I fix the original pump and installed it again, and this one have the same problem, so it couldn't be the fuel level. I re install the other pump and have the exact same problem, last quarter goes up and down. And last, about 6 months ago I change the abs sensor in the hub because the stabilitrak goes on, but this time the ABS light goes on to, and now its only the stabilitrak.

Any ideas what could be happen in the truck? The mayor problem is that here is only 1 chevy dealer and its kind of new so the don't see avalanches.

Mine its 2007 LT

Thks

Let me start by saying I have no idea what's wrong with your truck.

But----> I've had these similar symptoms on my 2007.  My understanding is that it's a limp mode due to whatever is bringing on the check engine light.  So I would ignore the hard 1-2 shift, ignore the Service Stabilititrak, and ignore the traction control off.  Get any other codes fixed as soon as possible (like misfire cylinder __).  I think you'll find that you'll be all better as far as the hard shift stuff.  Don't let a dealer or any other shop tell you that the tranny is bad or that you need a bunch of traction control sensors.  Maybe an O2 sensor, yes.

SunburstOrangeMetallic said:
Let me start by saying I have no idea what's wrong with your truck.

But----> I've had these similar symptoms on my 2007.  My understanding is that it's a limp mode due to whatever is bringing on the check engine light.  So I would ignore the hard 1-2 shift, ignore the Service Stabilititrak, and ignore the traction control off.  Get any other codes fixed as soon as possible (like misfire cylinder __).  I think you'll find that you'll be all better as far as the hard shift stuff.  Don't let a dealer or any other shop tell you that the tranny is bad or that you need a bunch of traction control sensors.  Maybe an O2 sensor, yes.

Thanks

Back