• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

DL3 mirror logic **updated**

Aerohokie

SM 2020
PM 2017
What keeps the logic for the power mirrors? Curb assist works, power folding works, but when I unfold the mirrors the driver mirror doesn't correct back to position. Every time I have to manually move it back. All other functions work except heat, that's broke too. I know that's fixed via a new lens, but what about the return from fold?

From owner manual

Attachments

• dl3 reseat.GIF
    dl3 reseat.GIF
    95.9 KB · Views: 100
Does it work when you change from driver 1 to driver 2 and back again?

Yes, it works correctly going D1 to D2 and back. It's only when I unfold them with the button, the driver mirror just won't correct from the folding position. Weird.

Did you try the reset procedure

There is a gear that folds them and unfolds them, it sounds like the gear is missing a few teeth

Today it worked. The mirrors unfolded and the driver glass returned to the correct position. After lunch it did it again, but this time the glass didn't come quite all the way up. Yesterday I had removed the window and heated seat switches, cleaned the contacts, and silicones the heated seat switch. I was having problems with moisture making the heated seats come on. I have no idea if this fixed it, but it's the only thing I did different.

Is the issue that the mirror doesn't fold out? Or that it does fold out, but the glass is pointing in the wrong place?

When I bought my truck the driver mirror folded in but not out. Dealership replaced the whole mirror assembly.

My issue with the mirrors is clearer now. What is happening is when the mirrors are folded in and I unlock the vehicle with the FOB, it sends the signal to adjust the mirror glass. The glass doesn't move because it's in the stowed position. When I unfold the mirrors from the switch, no command is sent to return to the driver position. I have to hit the 1 button, or adjust it.

It's an annoyance really. Where could the problem be? Is there a position indicator telling the truck the mirror is folded?

Here what the manual says

Attachments

• mirror12.GIF
    mirror12.GIF
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
Hmmm, I wonder if I have an issue in one of those position indicators. Sounds like an annoyance I will have to live with or get a new mirror.

Back