• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

turn signal issue

Chevyman96

I cant seem to figure out why my front turn signal wont work light come on but will not flash but the rear turn signal does flash. If anyone was something to try please get back to me this is a 2008 avalanche i heard the flasher replay took apart the dash and there is no such thing under the dash behind the fuse box i have checked the harness but if the harness wasnt getting power the light would not even come on in my mind i really need help.

Do they flash when you turn the hazards on?

It is just the front pass side turn signal and no it doesnt work when i turn hazards on

Have you tried a new bulb? or swap the left and right to see if it stays or follows?

Do you have mirrors with signals? does that work?

Does it flash in the cluster?

Exterior Lighting Systems Description and Operation

Turn Signal/Hazard Lamps
When the turn signal switch is placed in either the left or right position, a ground signal is completed from the turn signal switch to the BCM. When the hazard flasher switch is activated, a ground signal is completed from the turn signal/hazard switch to the BCM. The BCM then sends an ON-OFF voltage signal through the fuses to the appropriate turn signal and side repeater (export only) lamps or to all of the turn signal fuses for hazard operation. The driver door switch and passenger door switch also receive voltage from the BCM turn signal supply voltage circuits for the mirror turn signals. The door switches have no function or control of the mirror turn signals other than a pass through connection for the circuits. The audio chime is also activated when the turn signals are ON. The instrument panel cluster (IPC) receives the signals to activate the turn signal indicators over the GMLAN serial data system. When the hazard switch is pressed, all turn signal lamps will flash including both IPC turn indicators.

I have changed the bulb and it flashes inside the cluster and i dont have the turn signals on the side mirrors just the front and rears.

It looks like it could be the socket or the turn signal wire it shorted to battery voltage.

I would inspect the socket and the under hood fuse block. Critters like to make a mess under the fuse box.

Here is a schematic

Attachments

• 08turn1.png
    08turn1.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 08turn2.png
    08turn2.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks i am going to mess with it this weekend and i will let you know what i find out maybe it could belp someone else in the future but i appricate the help.

Back