• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Question about AUX Lamps/Lighting

elmucki

Hey guys, aside the welcome post, this is my first of many questions for you guys.

1) Why has no one tagged my Avy? Hehe, i am sure in time.

But now to the main question, so i have a 02 Avy and i got curious. I noticed it did NOT have the aux lamps switch in the dash and instead i had two flat covers. I went on ebay and purchased one. This is it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381583326334. If you cant see it, here is a screenshot: https://gyazo.com/bd04564a648087897ad98366d34ce1a3. I got the switch with the connector pig tail, so i could wire myself if i could figure it out.

Now, the question is, i noticed i did NOT have the wire harness in the dash for this switch, do i not have it? Do i have the wiring in the headliner? Did this year and model get omitted and this feature was just in the 2500 model?

Or, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this switch so i can use it and wire it myself? I dont really want to use it for a snow plow light or beacon light, i would like to use it for future lights which will go on my bull bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOt sure 2002 has this switch any where as original....

NOt even sure the 2500 had it for plow package,,,

The switch is for roof beacon lights, one of the reason if fits silverado. They come as a kits that you added on.

This is 2002 only.

Attachments

• auxlight.GIF
    auxlight.GIF
    27.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 02beacon.png
    02beacon.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 53
is there a diagram that shows me what all the wires of the back of the switch do? or at least identify them clearly? since i dont seem to have the harness in the dash, i thought about running my own wires. just need to know which ones i need so i can use that switch.

Looking at the wiring diagram provided by MS03, Orange and White are the wires you need for the actual switch. Black, Grey, and Purple/White are for the On Indicator and Dashboard Lighting.

I could not find a picture but try this one.

You are probably better off searching Roof Beacon lights

Attachments

• 02beaonsw.GIF
    02beaonsw.GIF
    32.3 KB · Views: 42
the thought was to install a 32" light bar in the grill. read about that in another forum post. I do want to get roof cab lights (Amber lights), but i am going to wire those to the corner lights so they turn in with that. not sure i want those on their own switch.

Thank you for that diagram.

Back