• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Autoride delete?

Calicak89

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2016
Mods, sorry for the double post, but I'm hoping this might garner more attention here.
I'm looking at snatching up a 2013 LTZ from the dealer up the street and those of you that know me, know that this would only remain stock for about as long as it takes to get some photos before the modding starts. My one apprehension is the autoride system, something my 05 and 08 did not have and I'm not very familiar with.  My questions are how hard and what kind of trouble am I looking at to eliminate the autoride system? and has anyone out there lowered their Av and kept the autoride system intact?
Thanks for any help.

There are many threads on replacing the suspension on an LTZ.....some bite the bullet and just replace with factory parts if and when needed. Others have replaced with aftermarket systems like Arnott with mixed results (some get a warning message on their dash others get parts to fool the sensors). Others have just removed all the air parts and use stock shocks etc.
As I mention to all posters looking to buy an AV and they get caught up in the problems section and worry about things I try to get them to look at things in perspective and realize that a problem is being posted by a small percentage of overall AV owners and can even be a small percentage of website members but because they are very vocal and sometimes post multiple times in multiple threads it seems a greater problem then it is in reality. I do realize if it happens to you it is a problem though.
Think of this issue as how many LTZ owners are there and how many post have you seen about "drove my LTZ today and the suspension did great!"
As far as using a lowering kit you might check with the suspension company you are considering and see if they make a kit to fit an LTZ AV. If not it could be due to lack of sales for that combo or it could be due to problems discovered in the kits they did try to sell for the LTZ.

Thanks,
I totally get what you're saying. I'm not looking at eliminating it so much because I think it is problematic, but more so because it's a feature I do not want. If I change springs, shocks, sway bars and links to put the stance where I want it. I'm concerned with exactly what you mentioned, the DIC constantly displaying a message.
I did do a search. I found Jimmy's reference to "sensors to plug into the auto dampening control unit to eliminate any error messages on your dash", but the link goes to nowhere.
I also found the bypass sensors for older Cadillacs and early 2000's GM trucks, but nothing for the GMT 900 platform.
I also found Arizona Dave's posts regarding the implementation of resistors at each shock to fool the system, but I can't find anywhere that anyone had success with this technique.
I also found a video from Strutmasters showing a way to add resistors at the compressor to fool the system as well but of course it does not reference any part numbers.
I guess where I'm trying to get with this is now that I know it's possible is has anyone done it on their Av w/ success and what technique/parts did they use.

Arnott makes a Bypass module to eliminate the warning. But I don't think the sell it separately

I missed out. I went up on Saturday morning and couldn't find it on the lot so I went inside and asked and they said a guy had it out on a test drive. Unfortunately for me, he came back in and bought it. Oddly enough, he traded in a 2015 Silverado.
If it's any consolation, at least now I know what to do If i do find myself a '13, and I put a tag on the drivers seat on my way off the lot.

Back