• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tranny Cooler Installed

CenFL Avalanche

I looked at many coolers, but decided to go with the Hayden 679 which I installed this past weekend.  It's the best bang for the buck and does the job well.  Around town, I appear to be averaging 30 degrees lower than the temps I observed before the cooler was installed.  I'm curious to see how my temps are when I tow the 27 foot travel trailer.  

I included a picture of the 3/4" aluminum square tubing that I used for support brackets, using stainless hardware to secure it to the existing braces.  The other picture shows the final painted brackets with the cooler installed.  I had to use two 1 inch slide-on bolt spacers for the top bracket to ensure a flush mount with the bottom bracket.  I also drained and flushed the tranny and added some Lube Guard Platinum for added protection.

While I had the bumper off, I upgraded the headlights to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras.  Speaking of which, the bumper was not friendly when trying to remove it, but I have it figured out for next time.

Attachments

• Raw Aluminum2.jpg
    Raw Aluminum2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Close Up Pic2.jpg
    Close Up Pic2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 98
I towed my 5,500 lb travel trailer this weekend with the new Hayden 679 cooler.  Similar to daily driving, I was seeing an average 30 degree temperature drop.  Outside temperature was in the mid 80s in Florida this weekend.  The highest I got was 180.

Back