• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

First "big" truck, wanting to lift it but getting lots of warnings

RollerToaster

I've got an 02 z71 and I want to give it a mild/moderate lift.

I was looking at the supreme suspsension 3" rear spacers and 3" front keys.

Will this absolutely destroy my front end and be impossible to align (I was told this by a few friends who drive cars that sit 1" off the ground, haha)?

I apologize if this is a simple/silly question, but I'm coming to trucks from the lowered vehicle scene. I'm not sure if the same things apply to lifting that apply to lowering.

Will I need extended sway bar links by 3" to account for the lift?

Brake lines?

thanks in advance, I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit, I just want to be sure.

You shouldn't run into much trouble aligning the truck, it will depend on how aggressive of a tire you go with. I have a 6" susp lift and 35" Generals, I do have to align more often, but I try to keep the tires properly balanced and rotated, and that helps alot.

I put in pretty much the same thing on my 02.  I did have to change the bushings on the torsion bar cross member but had no problems with the alignment or drivability.  I put 285/75/18's on and had to do a little inner fender trimming.

Back