• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Exterior Mirror Mounted Turn Signals

Patrick_B

I've been thinking of adding the turn signal mirrors on my 2002 Avalanche.  From searching online for an hour it looks like 2003 was the start that GM started putting in turn signal mirrors.  I looked on ebay motors and online vehicle ads of GMC Yukon Denali and Escalade/EXT from 2000-2002 GMT800 and not one of them had them.  I know 2 people in person that have 2003 Silverado and Tahoe that have them, so my guess was 2003.  I didn't know if the unused wire harness would be laying in the door panel or not So did anyone do this already?

Hopefully someone with a 2002 will chime in soon, from what I have read the 2002 is kind of a rare model in the electrical system since the controls for the electrical systems were changed in 2003+ models.

2002 did not have this feature so no wire harness is in there.

2003 is very different then a 2002 so a 2003 mirror would NOT work as computer and wiring are different.

If you want to do this you would need to go old school and find mirror with signal in it from aftermarket and wire up all custom like.

I'm not worried about it then,  I had them saved on ebay the glass inserts and they are not cheap $200-600.  Mine are heated mirrors powerd, just though it would be a nice feature to add.  I've notice from 1998 - 2002 all the GM trucks had the same steering wheel and then 2003 they went with the engraved bowtie in it.  I think I like the 98-02 better.  Also if noticed the 98-02 had 2 media format devices in them such as the CD Radio and then on the center console cassette tape or they had it the other way around as well.  Mine has the cassette in center console.

I have a 2002 and I put tow mirrors for a 03-06 on mine because I wanted the signals on the mirrors. I swapped the plugs on the mirrors I got with the stock ones off my 02 and ran wires for the signals from the BCM into the doors and up to the mirror plugs. I'm not afraid to dive into the wiring harness though and that's not for everyone.

Back