• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WATER LEAKING INSIDE ON DRIVER SIDE

Another Wuhn

I CANT SEEM TO FIND OUT WHY WATER IS LEAKING ON MY DRIVER SIDE IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME IT RAINS AND IT GETS SOAKED I DO HAVE A SUN ROOF AND I CHECKED THAT DRAIN IT IS CLEAR BUT NOT SURE WHAT ELSE TO CHECK I AM AFRAID OF RUST FORMING MY TRUCK IS STARTING TO SMELL BAD PLEASE PLEASE HELP I HAVE AN 02 AVALANCHE

There are many old threads in the problems section about water leaks. there are several possible causes from the clogged sunroof drains, sometimes even slightly open sunroofs, then you can have worn out or cracked windshield molding, also leaks around doors especially the rubber cover over wires leading from front of body into door (the cover can come loose at one end or the other.)
Depending on the grade that you park on you could have a leak around the rear window or midgate that is entering then running to the front of the cab.
Good luck in finding the source.

I have always parked up hill (15 years now)just so I don't leak thru my mid-gate.

Back