• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

head light deflector come loose

supermanotorious

I just so happened to notice my head light deflector was rattlin around loose in the light housing

how I go about putting it back together?

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 55
You mean headlight, you had me confused.

to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do it, its a sealed unit, unless you want to bake it and try n take it apart.  Replacement time on e-bay or junk yard.

Didit

Like stated above, either bake it open and fix or replace the whole unit. The sealant used on them is a pita to get apart though from what i remember.

Not that bad... You heat it to 250F and it will MOSTLY pull right off. I scratched the inside of one lense with a screw driver when pulling mine apart so be careful. Or make sure you use plastic tools that won't melt at 250F.

You CAN actually reinstall it if you pull the bulb out and use a long forceps and put it back on but it will fall right back off. You have to either glue it back on or use some wire and tie it back on. I believe it has a tab that engages to keep it in place or it is just a friction hold and it comes loose. Mine is currently flopping around in the stock housing too until I get the new ones done. Someday

Rodney

i'll try this and that before I go about replacing that light, here's some pics of the headlights and brights, camera cant tell the disburser is missing

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 44
Exact same thing happened to me.  I just noticed about a week ago.  Been thinking about new headlights but have more pressing items.  Guess this one jumped up the priority chain.  :E:

I have the opposite problem I'm trying to get them out, they won't budge.

Been There and Done that.
1: Use forceps and super glue, probably lasted a year.
2: Now rolling around, past eight years
3: I hear that you could remove the light bulb and also remove the light bulb gasket portion (three screws). Then crumple the deflector with long forceps and remove. No more deflector, no more rattle. Going to try this later on in the year.

Back