• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Add HF Bluetooth to 2006 Av with Nav and bose and xm

iggy

What should I use to get BT added to my 2006 Av with Nav and Bose system?  Want it to work using factory steering wheel controls to make/answer HF call and end it and have it auto mute any radio currently playing.

Found this on amazon but not sure works with my AV.
ISimple Connect model ISGM655

Found alot of posts for 2007+ but not anything specific to my year (2006) and having nav.

Are you just using it for the HF phone.

Yes mostly for the Hands-Free Bluetooth but I also like to add the aux jack to play music from other sources (MP3 players, Android phone, Ipod, etc.).  I plan to connect with my old Samsung G3 phone.

Noticed the ISimple-Connect product seemed to include support the Aux input.  However after reading some install problems, sounds like it could mess-up the other interfaces that tap into that same bus that it connects to.  Perhaps those were just install errors and that won't happen to me.

Note: Several years ago I added RCA video jack adapter to the Nav unit so I could connect a NTSC backup camera.  Hope they are compatible and room for both to fit behind the nav unit.

Thanks again for the advice.

Also found a YouTube install of ISimple ISGM655 on a 2005 w/nav and they mentioned having problems with the DIN plug coming unplugged when trying to stuff everything back inside the dash... would this DIN plug be a connector on the back of the nav unit?

Anybody know what/where that is?  Link to a picture would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Yeah there is not much room behind the headunit for a bunch of adapters. I was lucky when I installed my Nav one of the old site sponsors make me a t adapter so I could extend the plug to the side of the headunit.

Take a look here for some details about the Isimple

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1160&CategoryID=36

Back