• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Will a 6.2 sierra to avalanche same year

BADalanche

I friend of mine has a wrecked 2013 Yukon Denali, and asked me if I wanted to buy the engine from it. I know they did the 6.2 in Canadian Avys, so my question is with the ease of fitment. The awd vs 4wd and programming being biggest concern. We seem to have same options in truck (same nav, roof, etc), and both are 2013. What are the considerations here, and would a bolt on supercharger or a 6.2 from a Sierra SLT with 4wd be a better choice? What should I offer considering that? Thanks...

This talks about transmissions and what not, but from what I quickly gathered was mostly centered on the 4L80E, not the 6L80E you'll be dealing with in the Avvy. http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-0810-engine-transmission-swap-gen-3/

It really comes down to what is mated to the 6.2L in the Yukon. And even then, it being the 6L80 or the 6L90, if the bolt pattern is the same you should be in business. In those cases it would be as simple as pulling the engine, as far as programming, that's out of my depth.

I'd go with a blower.  It'd probably cost about the same in the end, it could be done in a day, and you will make more HP/TQ than the 6.2L.

you will also have the cool factor of having a blower!!

-Scott

Back