• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Android Navigation unit

WIDE_NALGAS

Just wanted to share  my Android Head Unit.

It totally modernized my truck!

I now have BlueTooth calls+Phonebook, Facebook, instagram, USB music, DVD video, SoundCloud and BlueTooth Music.

They are very common aftermarket item, but this unit is stealth, no "Name branding" and all the buttons match the rest of the dash!

the sound was amazing, better than stock (louder) and the EQ has alot of adjustment (including a subwoofer preout)

Best of all, It was a "Plug n Play" install...kept the Factory Bose amp and speakers.

Xtrons is the seller of this unit!  

If you are looking to modernized your truck, i highly recommend this unit!

Cheers~!

Attachments

• android.jpg
    android.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 191
We have a 2007 Escalade where technology have driven away from it.Curiuos to what i need here to get a navi that works in Europe.http://xtrons.com/

Blazerteam said:
We have a 2007 Escalade where technology have driven away from it.Curiuos to what i need here to get a navi that works in Europe.http://xtrons.com/

If your cell phone has "hotspot" , you should be able to use any Web Base navigation.. No Disk to worry about

I like Google Maps.

this unit was intalled in my 2009....plug and play!  (No factory Navi)

Attachments

• navi.jpg
    navi.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 116
angshan said:
I wonder how it would interact with the factory back up camera and xm.

There's a port on the back for the video feed, essentially. When the vehicle is put in reverse power goes to the camera, which then sends a signal to the head unit, which put that video feed on display. It's pretty universal amongst all the different units and cars. That's why you can buy a standard backup camera off ebay or Wish and install it. Just run the wire up to the head unit and provide power, usually from the reverse light circuit, and presto.

No the XM, and therefore Sirius as well, is usually a feature built into the head unit itself.

angshan said:
I wonder how it would interact with the factory back up camera and xm.
Yes, buy you must splice in the video signal to this unit.

I have NOT done this, as I have the Video Camera on the RearView Mirror, but this HeadUnit knows when the car is in Reverse (cuts video and audio).

I know this thread is over a year old, but posting here before I create a new thread...  The XTrons unit looks exactly like what I want.  On the website, it says it's compatible with 2007-2011 Avalanches.  Is there any reason to think it wouldn't work in a 2013 Avalanche?  I emailed the company and they replied:

"The physical size is suitable, but we are concerned about the harness and the Canbus, we are not sure if they work in 2013 Chevy"

Thanks!

Back