• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Saddle bag lock for a Chevrolet Avalanche 2003 4x4

JASKIN

SM 2017
Just bought a 2003 Avalanche, lots of small (I hope) things wrong with it. One I noticed  when I went to check out the saddle bag on driver side, the key cyl. works file but the latch mechanism on the cyl. is missing. Can a person obtain this and if a used one can the key cyl. on mine be put in another one so my key would unlock it. Hate to put anything in it without being able to lock it.
Thanks for any help, I'm new to these.

I think I have one in my parts pile, I'll check Sunday. If I don't post by Monday bump this so I see it.

Thanks for the reply, I hope so. Sorry about getting in the wrong forum.

Thanks again

Can you post a Picture of it, I found one but it is from a EXT I need to see what you are missing.

I don't have a key that fits it so it's hard as hell to get it out.

quote author=MS03 2500 link=topic=151312.msg2150298#msg2150298 date=1489436362]
Can you post a Picture of it, I found one but it is from a EXT I need to see what you are missing.

I don't have a key that fits it so it's hard as hell to get it out.
[/quote]

Sorry about the delay,I have my posts and replies set to notify me but do not get emails. Attached photo, what I need is complete latch as the lower part is missing??

https://postimg.org/image/jsqnhi5z5/

OK they are the same,I'll see if I can get the part out without breaking anything.

Yeah the site is not sending notifications, but they are working on it.

Thanks for the reply. just received my new spare tire winch Dorman 924-517 Spare Tire Hoist and will try to install it tomorrow. I'm having heart problems so maybe not. Just bought this Avalanche and have been trying to replace things I can see wrong,I know I need a new 6 CD changer for the Bose radio as it just flashes the CD symbol and the ABS light keeps coming on but went down yesterday and see the Doc. on Friday. I have had two heart attacks-2005 and 2007 but have been doing fairly well until yesterday.Thanks again.

Good news I found another one in the parts pile, PM me your address

0320171546_zpswlshneql.jpg

And it's not locked  :D

Tried to post message but it said I was not allowed to PM, maybe I have not posted enough. Same with posting images.

Rats!

Check your email, I figure shipping is around 5 bucks

All you're missing is the bottom part of the latch, the roll pin, and the spring. If you're a patient guy you can just swap those parts over. The roll pin worked its way out and I lost them in mine and luckily found them in the bottom of the tool box. I replaced the roll pin with a nail the same diameter and bent the end over so that it doesn't fall out.

Thanks, I see that but it will be nice to have a spare. I looked all over in the bottom of the storage box but could not locate anything even with a magnet.

Back