• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

sunroof shade

bowtiesno1

PM 2020
PM 2017
PM 2016
this is how i fixed my liner of my sunroof shade failing. Has anyone done something like this 

Attachments

• Resized_20170311_123559[520].jpg
    Resized_20170311_123559[520].jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 96
no magic 4 torx on window and it lifts out
then there is a cross bar it has two clips behind it push them back and it rotates up and out
then the sun shade has spring clips holding in a track squeeze them and lift the sun shade out
pull off material (or in my case it was falling off) clean with a wire brush and wheel
buy a 3x shirt with a 11 inch logo of your choice (or have it made at a t-shirt shop) and use 3m headliner adhesive 

I need to redo my again but thinking of just painting it instead. I removed mine, removed all the old adhesive... used 3M headliner glue to reattach the fabric to the shade and let it lay flat to dry for over 48 hours before reinstalling it in my truck. Within days it was sagging again and worse than before! Very frustrating...

But I like what you did here... never thought about using a t-shirt with a logo... hmmmm, now I'm thinking...

i reattached my headliner that sagged and it didnt look like it was going to hold
i also got a couple of wet spots from not waiting for adhesive to get tacky so i had to punt
so far t-shirt is holding strong

Back