• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Silverado --> Avalanche wheels?

scubus

Good evening!

I seaarched and was unable to find the answer to what is hopefully, a simple question.

I have the stock 16 inch wheels/tires on my 2005 Avalanche.  Would a set of 2013 18 inch Silverado wheels/tires fit on the Avalanche? I can't track down full specs (backspacing, offset etc.) and even though the price is great, I don't want to buy something that is going to rub or otherwise be a pain.

If there is a complaint with my new Avalanche, it is that the wheels and tires look a little anemic.  Trying to rectify that without lifts and crazy tire packages...

Thanks!

They should fit as long as the overall tire size isn't too far off from original tire's diameter and width. FYI I know you have a 2005 but many first generation AV owners had to switch to 17" or larger rims to do the brake upgrade mod to get second generation AV brakes which are larger and give better braking.
Also the second gen Z71 AVs came with 18 inch rims stock, here is a pic to let you see how they fit a stock second gen AV wheel well.

Attachments

• IMG_0042 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0042 (Small).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 106
I saw these pics on another thread of newer 18" wheels on a first gen Av.

index.php

index.php

Thread here: http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,101061.msg2106313.html#msg2106313

Back