• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Power mirror not extending

archaicguy

The driver side mirror on my 07 is not extending. My wife says it is not making any noise at all like it is even trying to extend. What are my options on fixing this?

If the other options like power windows are working, have her try to fold the mirror out by hand.
Don't use too much force.

If she is up to it have her pull out the DDM fuse then put it back in to reset it( drivers door module)

Attachments

• 2007ddm.GIF
    2007ddm.GIF
    91.4 KB · Views: 57
Mine stopped working a few years back and was exhibiting the exact same symptoms as yours is.  Mine was a fairly simple fix, the wiring plug for what ever reason came unplugged from the motors connector inside the mirror.  All I had to do was pop off the mirror cap and although it was a bit of a tight spot, was able to reconnect the plug, and it has been working fine since.

MS03 2500 said:
If she is up to it have her pull out the DDM fuse then put it back in to reset it( drivers door module)

I tried that when I got home and it didn't fix it.

Lifted07 said:
Mine stopped working a few years back and was exhibiting the exact same symptoms as yours is.  Mine was a fairly simple fix, the wiring plug for what ever reason came unplugged from the motors connector inside the mirror.  All I had to do was pop off the mirror cap and although it was a bit of a tight spot, was able to reconnect the plug, and it has been working fine since.

How does the mirror cap come off so I can get inside? I don't want to break off any snaps or anything.

I managed to pry the outside cap off with a screwdriver, it came off pretty easily. 

The motor makes a slight "rr" for half a second but nothing moves.  I didn't see anything blocking it but maybe more surgery is required. 

Back