• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Woodward Dream Cruise August 18 2018

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
I thought I would post this again for this year.

Since I guess there would not be a Nationals this year it may be opportunity to meet up this summer. It's not a one day event and it gets busy Wednesday through Saturday with a lot of events.

www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

Yup it's Ambers style she will love it, but she may get some ideas and it could cost you. >:D

MS03 2500 said:
Yup it's Ambers style she will love it, but she may get some ideas and it could cost you. >:D

Nah - she's too worried about me retiring and having enough $s...

Went on a recon driveby today the Parking lot at Woodward and 13 is gone. Bought by Beaumont Hospital.   :E: :E:

Everything else is still there, I suspect everything like Vipers are headed to the M1 Concourse

fByDyaR.gif

The hospital owned that whole area and took it down.  It was not a good layout, so they are redoing it.

There are a few good spots but have to get there early.

I know a few people are shooting for Pontiac, I just like to do laps and go home to refresh and trek out since I am in the area.

Got reservations at the Embassy Suites in Southfield Tuesday-Friday morning.  Planning on taking the vette.

Hey Dan things are changing as I type, the corvette club pulled out of the M! concourse today not sure where they will be yet. There still plenty venues at 13 and woodward so I still plan on being there Wednesday Thursday and Friday.

Saturday I'll be up in Pontiac in front of the Phoenix Center under the trees watching the cars.

Oh yeah the RoadKill Nights Street racing will be August 12 at M1 concourse a week before the Cruise night

Might be fun to go this year but probably would drive the CTS since my console is not together yet in the truck and not sure I trust the truck yet to go that far. Want to put a couple thousand miles on it from most recent repair to insure coolant system stays in tact.

Come on down Rodney but be warned on Saturday it's real crowded.

Been there a couple times... The one year driving back there were some serious rain storms. I ended up getting water going over the hood of my car on I-96... Was crazy... My Sister used to live by 13 mile and woodward for like 2 years so I spent a little time down that way.

Rodney

After thinking about when I went in the past I am thinking it has been about 20 years since the last time I went. With as many cars and such that will be there I am curious what the situation is these days?  Both times I went was part of the Caprice /  Impala SS group and we had a designated parking lot. Mostly left it parked and walked all over the place and looked at other cars and stuff. One of the years I went Dodge had a Nascar Simulator that gave you the feeling of being in a nascar. Was pretty cool. Was almost like a carnival type environment. Looking at going but curious how the parking situation works out down there. Would suck to drive 3 hours and not be able to get out of the car...

Probably be down there on Friday.

Rodney

Pretty much everyone is doing their own thing, Pontiac and Buick hang out in Pontiac.  The best way is look up the club on their website or on facebook.

I guessing you are coming down on I75 so come down to Square Lake west over to Woodward. If you want to do the tour take woodward north to I59 then left to bypass the northern loop and make another left on woodward(Wide Track Drive) again south.

Again it's not a one day event and you can't possibly see everything in one day. If you come friday get there before 2PM after that traffic will be a bee ouch.

9TiJfDJ.jpg

I'm sure more things will be getting confirmed shortly.

I am going to this for sure, if you get up that early. That is the park across the street where I was last year and down the block from Chevy Performance Booth.

General Motors? design staff will show their personal collector cars 1-7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 15, at  Memorial Park

MS03 2500 said:
I'm sure more things will be getting confirmed shortly.

I am going to this for sure, if you get up that early. That is the park across the street where I was last year and down the block from Chevy Performance Booth.

General Motors? design staff will show their personal collector cars 1-7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 15, at  Memorial Park

That does sound interesting.

Still up in the air. Presented the idea to go look at cars and her eyes lit up and mentioned that meant we could make a side trip to Ikea...

So looks like unless I can figure out how to do both...  Would consider making a 2 day event but would have to find a dog sitter...

So will see how this goes...

I may or may not be there... Will keep in touch on here.

Rodney

Rodney if I were you I'd wait till next year unless you come down Saturday for the main cruise.
If you come on Saturday find a shady spot and watch the cars drive by and see  a couple of car shows.
I tried to drive in it once 4 miles and a quarter tank of gas later decided it's not worth it.
Dream Cruise in full effect can't be experienced in one day it's 13.5 miles long.

Friday/Saturday is my weekend so doesn't matter right now. Just that if you look at the calendar of events everything is going on Friday other than the Parade.

There are people cruising up and down Woodward all week and basically cruise-ins all up down Woodward.  Manufacturer displays are up all week as well.  And less crowds.

So if I were to come out early in the day on that Friday... Say 10am... Or Earlier? Would everything be in motion? We could still go to Ikea later once the crowds start to increase. It looks like the Ikea there in Canton closes at 10pm so might be better to go to Ikea later in the day.

Not so worried about taking in everything but certainly get a good dose of the event.

Rodney

At 10 you should be OK just some vendors will still be setting up.

Linda is "Proud to Announce" she will be making her 1st Comeback appearance @ The Woodward Dream Cruise!
She will be signing posters at "Chevy Performance" @ Thirteen Mile Rd & Woodward Ave.
Friday 10:00 -11:30
Friday 3:00- 4:30
Saturday 9:30-11:00

Looks good for 75.

Attachments

• linda Vaughn.JPG
    linda Vaughn.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
Back