• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Are these ebay mirrors the real thing?

sean

My drivers side mirror folding mechanism broke.  The switch is no longer operational and the mirror won't return to the proper point without snapping back.  It's only slightly off so usable, but it wiggles when I drive which is obnoxious.

Are these ebay mirrors the real thing?  E.g.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25831236-GM1320377-Left-New-Mirror-Heated-Chevy-Suburban-Chevrolet-1500-Yukon-/361333643664?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3AAvalanche&hash=item542129d990:g:R8EAAOSw2gxYrXBL&vxp=mtr

It looks like the outer cover snaps off and can be put on this for a match.  But I'm wondering about the quality of the part.

Thanks for any info you might have

No, they are aftermarket if you're looking for OEM

Item specifics
Condition: New Warranty: Yes
Warranty Terms: 18-month limited Prozone warranty
Brand:Prozone
UPC: Does Not Apply
Placement on Vehicle: Left
Part Link Number: GM1320377
Manufacturer Part Number: 12319522

Search this #  OEM Number: 25831236

Mine was vibrating like that and the electrochromatic area was braking down as well causing distortion.  I just changed the mirror only with a kool-vue aftermarket one--It fixed everything.  The koolvue one  came as electrochromatic with the de-ice element in it.  That said, I don't think the motor was part of it, so you will have to buy a motor as well.  I wouldn't get a whole new mirror unless it got whacked and is severly damaged.  You can change just the sub-assembly parts.

Back