• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

brush guard for 2013's -- looking for one that ONLY attaches at the frame

Exibar

hey all!
    I just purchased a 2013 black on black LTZ, upgrading from my brand new purchased 2003.  I had a hard time with the brush guard for my '03 and owned two of them... the first one was a Westin that had this special bracket that attached up top of the guard and over to the radiator wall through the grill.  The second guard did not have this, and I think it's a Manix, but not quite sure.

My question is that I DO NOT want any other mount points other than on the frame for my 2013.  It must be a black guard and be solid, and allow for 2 Hella off road lights to be attached.
  anyone have a guard that does not have any secondary brackets like that one that goes through the grill?  I think I saw a "hunter" brand that has two brackets near the lights?  but not sure... all I know is that I dont' want any of those funny secondary brackets... just attache at the frame, and be solid just from those mount points...

any pics of the bar you have on a 07-13 would be fantastic too :)

thanks all!

I have one, but the color you have to fix ;) But I don't think a Swedish brand is the cheapest way to go for you (www.trucker.se)

my pic was to large (wtf is up with max 100kb pics  :E: )

valj_bil_chevrolet_1.jpg

Unless you want a large grille guard you may want to check out a bull bar? This is what I use but they make it in black too I believe and it has mounts for driving/fog lights. It only mounts to area where tow hooks mount on frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0043 (Small).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 85
yah, I really want the full brush / grill guard that protects the headlights and basically the full front end.  The bull bar's look nice, just not what I'm really looking for :-(

I installed a Frontier grill guard on my 05 recently. It mounts to the frame where the tow hooks are located. Plus 2 bolts in the bumper. It's very stout. And has 2 light tabs on it.

200-20-7003_200-20-7004_driver_quarterONV.jpg

AirJunky said:
I installed a Frontier grill guard on my 05 recently. It mounts to the frame where the tow hooks are located. Plus 2 bolts in the bumper. It's very stout. And has 2 light tabs on it.

200-20-7003_200-20-7004_driver_quarterONV.jpg

Very nice... Not a fan of the grate though...

I recommend a Setina PB-450 ;) lots of room to mount accessories!  I believe a full wrap around model is available as well.

tJeAjoT.jpg

Back