• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Backup cam OR SENSOR?

dpreacher

Silent Avalanche RIP
While I was trying to figure out why my tailgate does not lock with the door locks on my 2007 LT. I noticed that it looks like I have a backup camera but I have the 6  disc changer head unit. Did they put a sensor in this position also?

Attachments

• backup cam-600x338.jpg
    backup cam-600x338.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 101
Sometimes they put it in the inside rear view mirror if you don't have a Nav.

Monitor should be in your Mirror as already stated if you don't have a Nav radio. Assuming previous owner didn't change out the original head unit.

Rodney.

Dancing like the mirror Has the monitor in it for the reverse camera I also check fuses. Do any of y'all know the codes for the nav head unit

Attachments

• mirror1-637x358.jpg
    mirror1-637x358.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 87
  • radio1-298x530.jpg
    radio1-298x530.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20161226_131446-456x257.jpg
    20161226_131446-456x257.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 88
Apparently there is a plug behind the License plate for the camera. Make sure that's connected. Some one may have unplugged it to take the tail gate off and didn't reconnect it.

07s only had rear cameras with the navigation system. I can't really make out the code picture to tell if the vehicle originally had the nav unit but the codes would UVB (plays CD/DVD) or U3U (CD only).

Edit: Zoomed the image in and it appears that I can see US9, which indicates the 6 disc changer came with it from the factory. As to why the tailgate has the camera, no idea...

In 07/08 it's in the mirror only if you did not have a Navigation. Had the silly module under the passenger seat

MS03 2500 said:
In 07/08 it's in the mirror only if you did not have a Navigation. Had the silly module under the passenger seat

Was not an option until later years, I think not until 2009. The only way on the 07/08 was with the nav unit. UVC is the rear camera RPO code. I don't see that in the photo provided by dpreacher which means someone replaced the tailgate spoiler. Maybe the non-camera parts were out of stock?

You are correct GM did not have it as a option untill 2009, I wonder now if the PO had a aftermarket one and took with them when they sold it.

You may want to pull it off and see if they wired it to the lock wiring.

Back