• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Source For OEM Seat Upholstery?

Durwin

Charter Member
Good Afternoon,
Does anyone have a source for Chevrolet seat upholstery once it is no longer stocked by GM? I'm looking for a bottom cushion PN 88938438.

Durwin

ebay has a ton of vendors selling the OEM style seat covers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xavalanche+seat+covers.TRS0&_nkw=avalanche+seat+covers&_sacat=0

http://www.theseatshop.com/

JVZL1 said:
http://www.theseatshop.com/

X2

I replaced both front seat bottom and seat back leathers as well as both arm rest leathers and the driver's seat bottom foam from this place.

Perfect match and fit.

(y)

My seats are the fabric ones.

I'll take a look at that E Bay link. Hopefully, the covers look like my original ones. If I had known it would be so hard to have gotten replacements, I think I would have ordered leather.

Durwin

Good Afternoon,
I've posted this in another forum, but I'll post here too.

I'm looking for a replacement driver's side seat cover for my 2002 Avalanche. The interior color is graphite. The part number of the seat cover is 88938438.

Does anyone out there have a source for either obsolete GM part numbers or the original manufacturer of the seat cover?

I know that the truck is 15 years old, but I never thought it would be so difficult to find a seat cover.
Thanks, Durwin 

Here is one place that list it. http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/88938438.html#shops
Not cheap.

Try the seat shop.

www.theseatshop.com

Yeah, those are the leather ones. I'm looking for the fabric.

Thanks for trying. Well, if anyone comes up with a source, let me know. This makes me despise GM all the more. Great truck. Rotten company.
Durwin

I'm afraid you may have to go aftermarket. The seats changed in the 03 model and have minor differences in the shape.

Durwin said:
Yeah, those are the leather ones. I'm looking for the fabric.

Thanks for trying. Well, if anyone comes up with a source, let me know. This makes me despise GM all the more. Great truck. Rotten company.
Durwin

Not sure why GM is getting your wrath?  >:D
When you look at it you are trying to find factory fabric seat covers on a 15 to 16 year old vehicle that may be a one year only design.....most owners want to upgrade to leather not fabric. I believe federal law says any vehicle manufacturer must have parts but I think it's for a 10 year span after the vehicle hits the market.

I am willing to bet if you tried the same search for a Ford or Mopar seat that old and rare you would have problems too.
If it was me and I didn't want to upgrade to leather I would try local car upholstery shops and maybe some truck restoration companies such as LMC Trucks for replacement covers. (not sure if 15 years is old enough for car restoration companies though.)
Good luck with your search.

That would be 2009, remember a little thing happened that year brand new company.

I completely understand what you're saying Vaeagleav, they can't support the vehicle forever.

But, I can still find parts for my 50 year old Ford. NOS too. It's just tougher with GM. Back when GM was going through "the trouble" 10 years ago, there were reports of them not wanting to honor recalls and/or warranties, saying that they were made with the "old" GM....

Great trucks, but the company couldn't financially manage it's way out of a brown paper bag.
Durwin

You might be able to color match it by the color code, there is a tag on the seat cover usually in the back of it. Look from the back it should be 3 digits because the seats were in many of the GM trucks.

Be warn there were many colors that looked the same but the colors were slightly different. When I swapped my seats for leather ones I gave Didit my old covers he had a 05 I think but my 03 color was slightly different color even thou both where dark pewter.

You might be able to color match it by the color code, there is a tag on the seat cover usually in the back of it. Look from the back it should be 3 digits because the seats were in many of the GM trucks.

Do you have any Upholstery shops near or check with Upholstery Suppliers.

MY uncle did upholstery for many years home and auto. Did a lot of older stuff.  
He used a supplier that could get him out dated OME fabrics.  

I'm taking vacation later on this month. I've looked up a couple of upholstery shops in the Sacramento area. I'm going to go and visit.

Thanks everyone.
Durwin

Back