Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/17/17 10:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 National GTG @ STI Overview October 12th-15th  (Read 6861 times)
Willyorca
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

All because of a truck...

Awards
« Reply #100 on: 10/17/17 07:23 am »

Connor better land a modeling gig if he wants to go there before he is 6-8 as if we keep coming to Avalanche GTGs it'll be that long before we have the $6k to donate to greedy shareholders of the Disney co. We priced it a few months ago just to see what we would be in for, and that was before flights. Talk about price gouging.
I looked into Nic Punta Cana, as in Nickolodean TV, yesterday and it was pricey too, again, before flight!  Awesome all inclusive concept though!

Many years ago, we floated (haha) the idea of an Avalanches Cruise the Caribbean...there's some awesome deals to be had...

GTG's Attended In: NJ, DE, MD, NY, ON (Canada), CT, FL, GA, PA, MA, TN, NC, WV.
Big GTG's:  Niagara I & II, several STI's, Pigeon Forge 2008? Nat'l, MCM, 2016 Charlotte Nat'l
Willyorca
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

All because of a truck...

Awards
« Reply #101 on: 10/17/17 07:31 am »

So what months would people prefer for a GTG?

I know we are limited by school now but with our year round option, we can still be somewhat flexible.

I vote late spring or mid fall--say April or late October-of course depending on the venue.

GTG's Attended In: NJ, DE, MD, NY, ON (Canada), CT, FL, GA, PA, MA, TN, NC, WV.
Big GTG's:  Niagara I & II, several STI's, Pigeon Forge 2008? Nat'l, MCM, 2016 Charlotte Nat'l
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #102 on: 10/17/17 04:35 pm »

I think September ish, but that would be a little hard for folks with kids in school.

2003 2500
grnxnam
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

Pastafarian

Awards
« Reply #103 on: 10/17/17 05:46 pm »

Florida in the summer isn't a good idea for a large group.  Traffic sux, long lines, no hotel will set aside a block of rooms... I could go on.

Oh, and Disney blows.  Not worth the trip to Orlando. Too many other things to do there for young and old peeps.

Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"
EricB

Baseball time!

Awards
« Reply #104 on: 10/18/17 06:10 am »

Florida in the summer isn't a good idea for a large group.  Traffic sux, long lines, no hotel will set aside a block of rooms... I could go on.

Oh, and Disney blows.  Not worth the trip to Orlando. Too many other things to do there for young and old peeps.

Ok, I know I threw it out there, but I was only kidding. Honestly I was. A large group in a theme park just throws a monkey wrench into anything that is attempted as a group. The Mini folks do one there, but Iíve not heard the best reviews abou5 group things. They have a good time at the park, but thei4 group things donít work as well

Summer is good from the standpoint o& kids out of school, but thereís th3 ton# of people traveling to deal with, thereís people having to decide if the GTG is their vacation or to skip it, so i5 may not be best. Spring and fall have thei4 advantages, especially milder temps.
grnxnam
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

Pastafarian

Awards
« Reply #105 on: 10/18/17 07:22 am »

Ok, I know I threw it out there, but I was only kidding. Honestly I was. A large group in a theme park just throws a monkey wrench into anything that is attempted as a group. The Mini folks do one there, but Iíve not heard the best reviews abou5 group things. They have a good time at the park, but thei4 group things donít work as well

Summer is good from the standpoint o& kids out of school, but thereís th3 ton# of people traveling to deal with, thereís people having to decide if the GTG is their vacation or to skip it, so i5 may not be best. Spring and fall have thei4 advantages, especially milder temps.
plus, the parks can quickly go beyond someone's budget.  Parking, tickets, food...and the mandatory fastpass.  I can't see going without a fast pass.

We don't go often, but it's always universal/islands of adventure park hopper tickets with a speedpass for each.  The day trip costs nearly as much as a mortgage payment.

Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"
moosc
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #106 on: 10/18/17 09:01 am »

Carnival cruise.. I've got a guy who can get us a block of cabins. But it's best to book a year or more out it's cheaper

Have you heard???  The 2017 National is coming to STI..!!!!!!!!
Click Banner Above for More Info
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: