• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

p0440 evap code

lynnboy021

2002 north face.  I had a shop do a evap smoke test and the shop said that my filler neck was junk.. so I bought a new one installed it reset the light and it was ok for a few weeks, but then the light came back and I just left it alone... is all p0440 codes the same? is p0440 code something I can fix myself?

lynnboy021 said:
2002 north face.  I had a shop do a evap smoke test and the shop said that my filler neck was junk.. so I bought a new one installed it reset the light and it was ok for a few weeks, but then the light came back and I just left it alone... is all p0440 codes the same? is p0440 code something I can fix myself?

Have you replaced the evap canister under the bed?  It is located just above the bell housing.  Looks like this:
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-214-2149-Professional-Canister-Solenoid/dp/B001KSCSQU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493393344&sr=8-3&keywords=avalanche+evap+canister

That should help you

Possibly, yes, but it has been known to throw a code as well. 
Besides, it is cheap and easy to replace...wouldn't hurt to try it before going any deeper

Back