• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

LP1 J Block Reverse Lamp

OrangeAvy

Just finished installing new Kenwood double din and cmos backup cam in my 07 Avy. Receiver works fine, just not the backup cam. Camerasource.com, where i got the cam, says to tap splice the camera's red wire into LP1 JB X10-pin 8. This is supposed to be the Reverse Lamp power Dark Blue wire. Well, for some reason, my X10 port is correctly colored (according to the 2007 schematic) except for number 3 and 8! Mine has the dark blue wire in #3 pin and the pink wire in #8 pin! So, I tried tapping into the pink in number 8 with no luck. Then i tried tapping into the dark blue in number 3 with no luck. What the??? Is this some mistake when they built my truck? The only 2 colors mixed up are the pink and dark blue. Should i switch them? Not sure how to take them out.

Any advice would be appreciated!

X10
Connector Part Information
OEM: 13516830
Description: 8-way F GT 280 Series (GY)

Pin    Wire Color        Function
1          RD/WH          Battery Positive Voltage (TRW/5Y0/5X7/UG1)
2            OG              Inadvertent Power Control
3            PK              Low Reference (DF5 +DL3/DR4)
4        BN/WH            Instrument Panel Lamps Dimming Control (TRW/UG1/A4:cool:
5            YE              Low Reference (DF5)
6        D-GN/WH        Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Signal (DF5)
7            GY              Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal (DF5 +Dl3/DR4)
8          D-BU            Backup Lamp Relay Control (DF5)

Attachments

• IMG_8604.JPG
    IMG_8604.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
I insatlled a kenwood in my 06 and it has wires for the rear view camera plug and play.

Unfortunately mine wasnt so simple. Only LT without factory backup cam, so no plug and play for me. However! Called Axxess in Florida this morning and found out that the fmos lan 01 harness has 2 red wires. This is what confused me. They said mine is the older harness. Anyway, added both red wires to accessory/pwr and voila! Backup cam works! Oh, and its tapped into the dark blue wire X10 number 3, not 8. For whatever reason thry are switched according to the schematic, but it works. Phew.

Back