• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2500 Torsion Bars

BowtieAvy

SM 2013
I am in need of swapping torsion bars on my 2003 2500. I was looking at the different specs online and was wondering if anyone has ran GL bars (GK is factory from what I have found). I don't want my front end to sag in short period of time so that is why I am considering getting a stiffer bar.

Part Number        Side  Code  Rating (Torque)
15528963              L    6GK  8615
15528964              R    7GK    8615[/u][/u]
15528965              L    6GL  8782 
15528966              R    7GL    8782
15732338              L    6XG  9054
15732339              R    7XG  9054

My 2500 came with the GK's and the front has never sagged. The 2500's all came with a nose down stance., is yours sitting lower than the way it came.

The GL's are 2% stiffer and the XG'S are 5% stiffer.

Yeah. It Is sitting lower on the driver side. The key is maxed out also. My passenger side doesn't look to have sagged and the key hasn't been adjusted either.

How do the bump stops look.

The original ones were either rotted out or torn off. I replaced them last summer.

On the drivers side you can see some grease marks from where is has hit the lower control arm. Passenger side not so much.

How much of a lift do you have.

Humm you posted in the lift area so I thought you had modified it.

Here is the bump stops I put on my AV, they are a very important part of the suspension since the truck rides on them.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,126869.0.html

If your AV has a key that's maxed out and still sags you may a bad key also.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Those are the bump stops that I put on the front of mine too, which are a lot better design than the original ones.

How would a key go bad? The bars just slide into the slot within the key so maybe I am missing a part.

Metal fatigue or abuse by the PO.

Post a picture of the maxed out key, maybe someone can tell you what it looks like.

Back