• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2500 bumper to 1500 bumper

Not sure if you are referring to front or rear.  Front is a bit different in that it has an opening I presume for an aux tranny cooler.  I believe the front's can be easily switched - I'm not sure about the rear.

Thanks, I should have specified front.  Amazon showed the 1500 bumper and said it was not compatible with 2500.  In looking at them, they should fit. 

I think you will be OK, the 2500 has 3 extra holes one in front and 2 extra ones on the bottom for cooling.

That's probably why they say the 1500 won't fit a 2500

Thanks.  Didn't want to tear it off there for no reason.  I have an Iron Cross bumper on the 1500 but just picked up the 2500 and want to swap the bumpers.

DO you mean bumper or bumper cover..

I think cover could be swapped but not the bumper re-inforcement behind without a torch and welder.

SO you putting your 1500 custom bumper on 2500 would require a bit of fab work since frame mounts are different.

Switching over everything.  I figured I would have to fab the mounts for the frame, especially since i had to cut off the old ones on the 1500 to mount the new bumper.  I was just hoping the cover was the same. 

Bumper cover will fit with no issue.
I own a 1500 & 2500 both and when I trashed the 1500's bumper cover this fall I swapped the cover from the 2500 over and put the replacement 1500 on the 25 since I rarely drive it now. Keep your cooling in mind, fwiw mine hasnt showed any heating issues in the 2 100+ mile trips it's had since the swap.

The reinforcement works also. Same on both. Has hole in it for the 2500 cover cooling hole. I've mixed and matched.  2500 cover is out of production and near impossible to get so 1500 covers are on a bunch now. Back bumpers and covers interchange as well. The actual front mounts are different between the 2 but bumper bolts on the same

Thanks for the info.  Just got the 1500 done today after finding the bumper to frame brackets on ebay.  Didn't have to fab up anything and everything went over smoothly.  I am going to have to fab up the brackets on the 2500 for the aftermarket bumper though.

Back