• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Driver Seat Bottom Fix

BADalanche

One thing that has always been an issue with GM trucks is the driver seat bottom. NO MATTER WHAT, they look like ass after a few years. Well mine is about 50 months old, and was getting some wear through the "leather." No too bad, but I am really picky about my truck:

I already purchased a new cover from GMPD (at quite a deal too with free shipping), but in the mean time I saw this product while searching for techniques on touch up paint for a door ding. Its color is "GM Light Titanium" which just happens to be my color:

Figured what the heck. Taped of cushion, cleaned with nail polish remover, and put on about 4 coats, and here is result:

Think Ill wait on changing out cover to see how long it lasts. Too easy, and surprisingly, much better than I  thought. It does kind of fill the stitches a bit, but still purdy darn good. Color match is perfect...

PS: I DO NOT have anything to do with this company...

Back