• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Missed my Avalanche!

PerfectReign

SM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
Back in - oh, I don't know - January or February, my AV starting having issues going between first and second gear. It was drivable, but I always wondered if there would be that point I couldn't get out of first.

Truck has 167,000 miles on the original transmission. I figured if the 4L60 ever went out, I'd get a Jasper or other better transmission. However, I've only put around 4,000 miles on the truck in the past year, so I figured I'd go the cheaper route and have my local tranny shop just rebuild it.  

Last week I dropped it off and figured I'd see it back. Yesterday, I picked it up. He put in a new upgraded valve body and torque converter, rebuilt the transmission, and let me have it back. Total, including oil change and a check of the air conditioning was $2400.  

So, I am now happy. I've been driving it as has my son. He's loving the truck now, and hates driving my Malibu Hybrid. Yesterday, we drove over to look at a '65 Corvair Monza.  He wants a project car to keep him busy.

Attachments

• 00N0N_8vcm8ufHpeB_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_8vcm8ufHpeB_600x450.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 61
Back