• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Question about Cladding

gigahertz

I'm trying to find out if the cladding parts are interchangeable between the 1st Gen (01-06) and the 2nd Gen (07-13).

Also, I want to confirm that all the cladding part from 2nd Gen Avalanche will fit on 2nd Gen EXT.

By cladding parts I am referring to the 3rd Brake light, side sails, saddle covers and all other related parts

I might have to replace all the cladding parts on an EXT with parts off an Avalanche.

Thanks!!!!          :help:

Yup the gen 1 will fit gen 2 and ext.

But I'm sure you know already you have to swap it all if going from smooth cladding to textured.

MS03 2500 said:
Yup the gen 1 will fit gen 2 and ext.

But I'm sure you know already you have to swap it all if going from smooth cladding to textured.

Yeah I think I know what I have to do, I think  :)

So basically I can buy any Avalanche cladding and it will all fit an EXT.

This Snugtop project is getting costly.

One good thing that this will accomplish is that I will most likely, depending on what cladding I can find out there end up with black cladding between the Snugtop and the truck body which to me looks better than Snugtop, cladding and body all being the same color.

Thanks for the info!

Alaska_AV. said:
tailgate is differnt

Yup but since I have the 2nd Gen Snugtop it should fit fine over the EXT tailgate spoiler I think.

Thanks for the reply.

Back