• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Grill Mounting Panel Replacement

weddow

(03 CLADDED)From what I understand, if my top signal light clip has broken off(the light is just stuck in there by pressure of the hood), the actual piece to fix is the "grill mounting panel"? There is no actual headlight assembly correct for the cladded model, correct? The little clip is part of the entire front panel? If so, does anyone have a video or step by step on how to do this? Easy to do? I currently have a wire hanger holding it in as a temp fix.  :cry:

You are going to have to look at yours and see if you have a screw in head lamp support.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,45638.0.html

My thought was the cladded AVs did  have one, but apparently I'm wrong.

But my 2500 cladded AV does have one, but it does have a different radiator support

PS if you drill a hole in the support and use a zip tie that will hold it.

The signal lamps on your cladded Avalanche clip into the grill using tabs - one end, the inner tab (inner) fits into a molded loop in the grill.  The other end, the outer tab, also snaps into a loop molded into the grill and needs to be depressed to remove the lamp from the grill.  If either tab breaks, the lamp needs to be replaced (or as mentioned earlier, can be zip tied as a temp fix)
The headlamp assemblys are "handed" and secured with pins.

Attachments

• inner2.jpg
    inner2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 83
  • outer2.jpg
    outer2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the replies. The signal lamp tab is not broken. The tab on the front mount bracket is broken. I prefer not to keep temporarily fixing it with "zip ties" and letting it rattle in there. Guess I will look into purchasing the "grill mounting assembly" and hope that tab is part of the unit. Thank you..

Can you take a picture and post it.

>:D

This is the part you need to replace, for the broken receiver for the turn signal. 02 to 06 cladded

got to love zip ties,  >:D

I have only seen broken tabs on the turn sig, but I have been wrong before....

Attachments

• 1459298640-9619597_3.jpg
    1459298640-9619597_3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 69
Alaska_AV. said:

This is the part you need to replace, for the broken receiver for the turn signal. 02 to 06 cladded

Thank you Alaska_Av. It sucks that the entire piece has to be replaced for one tab. But I want it to be done correctly. Any experience in replacing this?

weddow said:
Any experience in replacing this?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry

Check his threads.

Alaska_AV. said:

I had both of mine zip tied in for a long time.  Then one day as I am heading down the freeway, something goes flying by my window.  When I stopped I realized it was my marker light assembly.  I bought 2 new ones and I am now real careful when I lean into the engine bay. :laugh:

Alaska_AV. said:
:p

remove lights, turn sigs, grill shell, bumper cover

You ever get a 3D printer to make your own parts.

X2 and if I had the time.

I get stuff 3d printed at the college I go to... Just stop by, drop it off and they call me when its ready... Nice perk.

Back