• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Give Thanks

jagwriter

Bought my '07 Avalanche LS July 2013 w/121400 miles on the odometer.
As of April 2017, 49200 miles traveled, my unscheduled maintenance cost is $11,157.37 (That's Eleven THOUSAND dollars)
During that period I spent $1,955.00 on scheduled maintenance as well.
$13,112.37 (Total maintenance cost to-date)
3 year 8 month operating cost: $.2665 (26.65 cents/mile)
It isn't paid off yet.  I have so much invested in it that I'm stuck with it.
And the problems ain't over - it has been throwing torque converter stuck off codes.  
I've had enough Avalanche to last me two lifetimes.
But, as the saying goes, buying a used vehicle is buying the previous owner's problems!
If you have a trouble-free AVI, drop to your knees and give thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I don' blame it on the Avy.  Something obviously happened to mine in its prior life that didn't show up on CarFax and was missed, but should have been caught, by the Chevy dealer that did the pre-purchase inspection.

I figure all vehicles should be trouble free except for routine maintenance and wear items....

SO mine is all good after .. lets see ... 16 years or so...

Now she gets to rest her legs though and is the family truckster who only goes on special missions when her versatility is needed.....

LAst couple of weeks she went on vacation with my brother who towed his sailboat to Ft Worth and back....

Soon she will go to Home depot to pick up some things... and rest..

Ouch. But - you did buy a used vehicle. I had the same problem with a '95 GMC Jimmy i bought at 70K miles which had the double-whammy of poor maintenance on the 4WD system and an incredibly stupid 1st generation fuel injection system (as opposed to throttle body) causing me to replace the FI twice in the next 100,000 miles.

On my Avalanche, except for the cats dying last year and my tranny finally going south, I've been trouble free for 180,000 miles.

Back