• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

AV or EXT victim of road rage wreck

Vaeagleav

PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
SM 2006
SM 2005
Attached is a story and video of an AV flipping over on a California interstate that was a third party victim vehicle involving a road rage wreck between a car and a motorcycle:

http://wtkr.com/2017/06/22/motorcyclist-kicks-car-in-road-rage-incident-triggers-chain-reaction-crash/

I hope the occupants will be OK!

Some say it was an EXT not an AV involved. longer video here....

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Newhall-road-rage-motorcycle-multi-car-crash-430061183.html

Hope he had a seat belt on, if you look at the headlight they are one piece so that would made it a 02-06 EXT

MS03 2500 said:
Hope he had a seat belt on, if you look at the headlight they are one piece so that would made it a 02-06 EXT
If you look at the tailgate, there is a big ol' Cadillac symbol as well...lol

Saw on another site that the driver of the EXT was the one that was taken to the hospital.  Hope he makes a full recovery.  It was pretty crazy how quickly that escalated.

Hopefully they find the motorcycle driver and throw him in jail for a long time.

Yeah some people think they own the road, that non sense could have turned out very different with another driver. !!

Need4Speed said:
I can't tell from the video, but it looks like it is possible that the car crossed into the lane with motorcycle and cut him off.........
I believe on one or both videos or some other news stories they had a statement from the video taker that stated the car crossed a double yellow line to get into the HOV lane and did cut off the bike. That is the reason they started filming. So of course that violation is not caught on film and nothing has been said officially if the car driver was distracted by their phone or something else., what does show is the fact that the biker showed some road rage and came up beside the car and kicked it.
What we all don't know is the reason for the car swerving left, was it deliberate to hit the biker? Or was it natural reaction to a loud shocking thing happening to the driver? Only they know for sure but it is natural to drive where you look and I bet that would have made the car driver look left. That is why they have accidents where a vehicle goes off the road and they hit the only tree or pole in the area.....hand & eye coordination makes a person drive where they look. That is why they train bikers not to look at a pothole or muffler or other obstruction on the road, they teach look for an escape route and aim for that path.
This reminds me of the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right" and the car driver might be wrong to cut off the bike but the biker could have deescalated things but just letting it go or calling 911 to report the violation. But he let his rage ramp up and he caused the chain of events that happened afterwards and probably will be responsible legally for damages and injuries if he can be found since he chose not to stay and call for help or aid the injured etc.

Back