• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

tow mirrors

weddow

This may be a stupid question but here it goes. Can tow mirrors with signal lights be fully functional on an 03 cladded that came with regular mirrors? Is the power mirror connector wired to do that or is there special wiring required to get the blinker lights to work? Thanks.  ???

If I'm not mistaken the wiring is already in there for all the functions, the only thing is you have to have the computer flashed to be able to have that function available to you!

Didit

I put mirrors with the integrated turn signals on my truck over a decade ago.  No wiring needs to be added and I think the only reason the Body Control Module needed to be reflashed was to get the fold and unfold functions to work.

I've seen other 02-06 Avalanches with the 2015 tow mirrors installed but I cannot find a video specifically detailed how to wire them. I have an 03 with regular mirrors. How much labor is involved in this and does anyone have a video or step by step to make this conversion? Thank you.

The wire harness should just plug into the door module. No wiring change needs to be done. The Door module has a computer in it that talks to the mirror so it doesn't care if the mirror has a turn signal or whatever.

Rodney

Are you sure about that Rodney, the current question was"does a 2015 tow mirror work on a 2003 without rewiring it"

Well he slipped that in there and I missed it..

Don't know that the mirror wiring will match up but the bigger problem will be if it will actually bolt onto the door. The Avalanche body was redesigned for 2007...

Have to use a 2003-2006 Mirror. 2002 MAY work but don't know for sure.

Back