AVALANCHE
Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/16/17 03:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tow mirrors  (Read 492 times)
weddow

clad to meet you

Awards
« on: 07/06/17 05:22 pm »

This may be a stupid question but here it goes. Can tow mirrors with signal lights be fully functional on an 03 cladded that came with regular mirrors? Is the power mirror connector wired to do that or is there special wiring required to get the blinker lights to work? Thanks.  Huh

2003 Cladded, Charcoal Z71. Stock....chrome decals and tailgate lettering, ambers and FTDRL. iSimple USB charger and MP3 player hookup. Krylon Fusion painted bowtie with "26" decal.
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/17 06:29 pm »

If I'm not mistaken the wiring is already in there for all the functions, the only thing is you have to have the computer flashed to be able to have that function available to you!

Didit

enoniam

LS Fest 2017

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/07/17 06:09 am »

I put mirrors with the integrated turn signals on my truck over a decade ago.  No wiring needs to be added and I think the only reason the Body Control Module needed to be reflashed was to get the fold and unfold functions to work.

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 42#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.
weddow

clad to meet you

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/07/17 08:01 am »

Thanks for the info!!! Thumbs up!

2003 Cladded, Charcoal Z71. Stock....chrome decals and tailgate lettering, ambers and FTDRL. iSimple USB charger and MP3 player hookup. Krylon Fusion painted bowtie with "26" decal.
weddow

clad to meet you

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/05/17 09:56 pm »

I've seen other 02-06 Avalanches with the 2015 tow mirrors installed but I cannot find a video specifically detailed how to wire them. I have an 03 with regular mirrors. How much labor is involved in this and does anyone have a video or step by step to make this conversion? Thank you.

redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/06/17 11:41 am »

The wire harness should just plug into the door module. No wiring change needs to be done. The Door module has a computer in it that talks to the mirror so it doesn't care if the mirror has a turn signal or whatever.

Rodney

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12/06/17 12:56 pm »

Are you sure about that Rodney, the current question was"does a 2015 tow mirror work on a 2003 without rewiring it"

2003 2500
redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12/06/17 09:28 pm »

Well he slipped that in there and I missed it..

Don't know that the mirror wiring will match up but the bigger problem will be if it will actually bolt onto the door. The Avalanche body was redesigned for 2007...

Have to use a 2003-2006 Mirror. 2002 MAY work but don't know for sure.

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: