• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Different Bed Panel #1?

highflyinbean

So I replaced my bed panels with some new ones, the number one panel doesn't have 4 latches on it like my old panels, instead, it has some "arms" or brackets up front, which I can't seem to understand how they work... anybody know what I am talking about? All the other panels are the same. I don't see what the front of panel #1 attaches to.

GM made a change in the design of the number one panel on the second generation Avy.  The section closest to the mid-gate now longer has a latch but a piece into which slides in.  Not explaining it well, but it is a different design. 

My 07 must have had the old ones, anyway, with the new one not sure it fits right, was the midgate modified too? Anyone have pictures of how it fits? Thanks!

This was one of those random year changes done on the 2nd gen in the early days. Even the tie down D rings in the bed were changed in the middle of the 07 production. I too have the older style 4 latch setup on my #1 panel. I think in order to use the 2 latch newer style the first two mounts on the rails have to be changed. It's not a direct swap.

Update: In this photo, you can just make out the different style mount at the end of the rail near the rear window http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/10/2015/11/2011-chevrolet-avalanche-2wd-lt-suv-trunk.png

Haven't been able to find a part number or how easy it is to make the change.

Yep, you need to replace the mount nearest the mid-gate.  That's the only difference.  The mid-gate and everything else is the same.  You could probably get the front two at a junk yard.

Very interesting, now to find the part number. Mine are all crumbling, might be worth buying a fresh set of striker plates.any gurus out there know part numbers? Thanks everyone.

Back