• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Loose fuse for horn. Is there a fix?

apaukert

Ever since I bought my Avy I've had a problem with the horn working intermittently. After checking everything out and coming up with nothing, I finally noticed that the fuse for the horn is loose. (I'm guessing it got progressively worse because of course the fuse was the first thing I checked) Has anyone had a similar problem with a fuse? Is there any way to fix it short of changing out the fuse block? I've tried a small screwdriver to see if I could bend the prongs in but cannot get behind them. Can I pull the fuse block out and get to the prongs from behind?

Thanks for the help!

It's a good idea to post your year and model in your signature when you ask a question.

I'll just ask does the horn work when you push the panic button and set off the alarm.

you might try needle nose pliers, to squeeze the pins back together, just a thought!

Didit

MS03 2500 said:
It's a good idea to post your year and model in your signature when you ask a question.

I'll just ask does the horn work when you push the panic button and set off the alarm.

Oops sorry, it's an 07 LT. I thought I had that in there. My mistake. It periodically works with panic but not always.

I ended up buying a new fuse block. I thought I had read on here to never remove the fuse block on your own because it causes tons of problems. It really could not have been easier. Fixed all my issues.

Glad you got it fixed. Sometimes people think its OK to use fuse taps

MS03 2500 said:
Glad you got it fixed. Sometimes people think its OK to use fuse taps

Thanks! Yeah, I'm guessing that the previous owner had used one. Definitely not a good idea.

Back