• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

TCCM software update question

roadrunner

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct area to post but here goes.

How would you know if I have the latest software update in my TCCM?

Be a while since I have been to the dealer, I believe the last time was for the Crankshaft position sensor issue where I had to provide the part for an issue that wouldnt go away.

Is the dealer the only one that can update the TCCM?

I just started getting the dreaded Service 4wd warning light, seems timely just after I put in a new battery.

I know I need to check the connections on the encoder motor and TCCM.

Thanks for any help!

you sure ask the hard question, so the version may be on the TCCM itself if it has never been updated.

You will need a tech2 to read it or a very good software diagnostic app with a GM specific module to read it.

That being said many years ago when I was under factory warranty mine displayed that dreaded message service 4wd system with the red light on the switch. My dealer did just what you described update TCCM.

When it did not work so well, the next week it went into 4lo all by itself while I was driving so good thing a had the  seat belt on or I would have kissed the windshield.

So l limped it back to the dealer under 25 mph and they replaced the TCCM. Mine is a 03 yours is a 02 and it's different. See if you can get a code.

Back