• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Used from Canada

Try2kup

Looking at a 2013 Silver LTZ truck has 55000 miles, truck was originally from Canada.
Dealer in Iowa has it now and has been driving it for about 3000 miles.
Looking for any Canadian Av owners to chime in about salt usage and is there anything that I need to look for since it was originally from Canada.

Chief bought an AV out of Canada last year.

He posted pictures of some rust (mostly surface rust), but it did not seem much worse than anything we deal with in the North Eastern US..  :laugh:

That being said, if you crawl under it and check it out, you can tell pretty quickly if it was taken care of or not. Surface rust pops up on these newer trucks quicker than anything I have ever seen  :eek:

Our 2013 is pretty rough underneath surface rust wise, even though it has been very well maintained  :(

From what I've seen on the forums, most of the rust forms behind the wheels. Between the front wheel and door is a spot where salt/dirt collects and eventually rusts. And the rear fenders in front and behind the rear wheel collects and rusts out.

This thread popped up with another spot that collects in the 07+ under the tail light. Most of the pictures are dead (thanks stupid Photobucket) but my post has an image where you can see down inside of a clean one. Notherners found salt and dirt collected as the hole at the bottom was clogged.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141927.msg2142741.html#msg2142741

Back