• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Good Year Duratrac on 2500?

9C1_2NV

Doing some research for tires for my 2500 4WD, stock size.  Have Firestone Destination A/T "E" on it now, they've been an ok tire, was looking at the Good Year Duratrac and wanted to see if anyone has run these on a 3/4 ton truck. Read some reviews on tire rack and other forums and the ratings seem good, just wanted to check here. No serious off roading, no burn outs, just pleasure driving, an occasional road trip or pulling a car trailer. Really like the looks of the tread and sidewall, not terribly worried about some highway hum. Rode in my buddy's 1500 with these in load range "C" in stock 17" size and they seemed pretty nice, but the added weight of the 2500 and the stiffer sidewall of the "E" range has me curious.

The C are not rated for the 1/2 1500 and no D was available so I am running the E on the 1500 Avalanche. No issues at all, execelent tire wear, best tire I have driven in snow and ice. Not too bad noise wise.

I've run the Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO's and just bought the Michelin Defender LTX M/S's for my 2005 2500.  Both were 265/75R16 and worked well.  I really like the Michelins.  The new Goodyear KO2's are on my son's Duramax and he loves the, especially in Sierra snow. 

I LIVE in northern Michigan and am running Duratracs on 3 vehicles and will be adding them to my "new" Avalanche as soon as I find some wheels.

They are the best snow tire I have run... ever.

Back