• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Kids! This may Happen to You

PerfectReign

SM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
So, my son just got his license on Monday. Yesterday, I came home from work and found my Avalanche had been moved and was parked crooked.  At first, I thought my wife had driven it instead of her Passat for some reason.

Then it dawned on me - my son drove it to a buddy's house.

:help:

Attachments

• av_driveway_blocked.jpg
    av_driveway_blocked.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 121
I caught my son driving his jeep before he should have  :beating: He forgot about the security camera I installed.

So you guys didn't do that same thing when you were young, what goes around comes back around.  :laugh:

I know I did.

Ha, no I parked my mom's P-O-S Oldsmobile Cutlass with a correct angle.

The funny thing is my kids were always joking because I'd often not perk straight as a result of the long truck. Now my son gets to experience it. 

>:D

My son had his license for a week when he backed my Avalanche into a rock the size of my house.  No sheet metal damage but I still haven't found an 02 back bumper in good shape.

Wickman said:
My son had his license for a week when he backed my Avalanche into a rock the size of my house.  No sheet metal damage but I still haven't found an 02 back bumper in good shape.

My Mom bought my 91 GMC Z71 pick up off me when I bought my Avalanche in 2001 and gave it to my nephew who was getting his license shorty. Two weeks after getting his license he rolled it and of coarse even though it was in perfect shape because of the age the insurance company totaled it..

Wickman...

Here's a new 02 rear cover, getting harder to find...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-AVALANCHE-REAR-BUMPER-GRAY-PLASTIC-COVER-2002-NEW-OEM-GM-88938464/152375496707?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

PerfectReign said:
Ha, no I parked my mom's P-O-S Oldsmobile Cutlass with a correct angle.

The funny thing is my kids were always joking because I'd often not perk straight as a result of the long truck. Now my son gets to experience it. 

>:D

I got busted when pops did not look at the fuel gauge when he got in it and ran out of gas. You could get a lot of people in a mercury station wagon. He got so mad he bought moms a big Mercury and told me and my brother to drive her old pre-Mustang AKA 62 ford falcon.

MS03 2500 said:
So you guys didn't do that same thing when you were young, what goes around comes back around.  :laugh:

I know I did.
Naw, my dad was too busy bar hopping to "borrow" the car...

Rodney

So far, he's managed no tickets (which is better than I did my first week) and no accidents.  At least the poor Avalanche is getting some attention. I had been using it as a weekend vehicle only.

We still laugh. My sons both would tell me how horrible I park because I often couldn't fit the AV in a parking space straight without having proper clearance. This was especially true at smallish parking lots.  Now, he's managed to park crooked more often than not.

At least i'm able to park the Malibu straight.

I stole my dads company truck, went out on a ... um..... test drive. Rental car style. Someone falowed me home and met him in the driveway, when he got home. I imagine it would have gone worse if he knew I didn't have my license yet.  Learned how to drive a stick that night...

Back