• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 LTZ Pass window issue

CntrySngr72

SM 2007
:help:

So I have a weird thing happening with my AV. The passenger side window goes down fine with both switches (driver and passenger door), however going up it "jumps" as its going up. As though its loses power for a second and starts back up, clicking as it goes up each time. Once it is up, if I hold the switch 'up' it clicks continuously. None of the other doors do this.

Because of the sound, I feel like its the switch...but does that make sense when I do it from the drivers door too? Could it actually be the window motor?

I can take a video of what its doing if needed. TYIA for your help!

I am not a mechanic but it sounds like a mechanical problem with the parts that raise and lower the window, maybe they are "off track" or have bent or broken parts?

I saw a video on YouTube once about someone troubleshooting a power window issue in this generation of tucks. They were able to swap the switches from a back door to test the actual switch itself, and found that to be the fault. Perhaps you could try one from a back door in the front??

Sounds to me like the motor is jumpin a gear on the plastic regulator!

Didit

Its intermittent though. Sometimes it works normal. That's why I thought it was the switch...thought the power being sent to the motor was being interrupted from the switch itself.

I think it's common for issues with window regulators to be intermittent for while before they finally croak for good.  The windows in my 325i wold sound like they were going through a grinder on and off for a long time before they would finally just die altogether. 

Back